Ominous Front Door of a 1920s building

Book cover
Closed
Open
Review
Closed
Buyer review complete, Marketplace review

I'm looking for an artistic image of an exterior door to an institutional building built around 1920. Rather than a documentary type image, Im looking for an evocative, artistic shot that should convey a subtle sense of anxiety and apprehension.

Dramatic lighting would be preferred and the door could be either shot in daylight or evening. Use of filters and unusual effects are encouraged.

The doors (double doors) should be closed.

This image will be used on the book cover of a memoir a woman's experience inside a mental institution. The memoir is essentially positive, though it does cover some harrowing events so the image should not be over-the-top scary, but it should convey a subtle sense of unease or anxiety.

Additional Requirements
Orientation :
Portrait
Environment :
Outdoor
Lighting :
Any
Space For Copy :
No
Model Release :
No
Categories
Architecture Buildings Conceptual Fine Art
Inspirational Images

Messages posted by users

8 years ago - @Duncan Noel Campbell, may I ask the name/author of the book the image will be used for? Would love to buy a copy of the book once published.
8 years ago - yes, thanks @CarrieFinalKaye. We're very pleased with the image. And thank you to all the people who submitted such great photographs for the project. We were spoiled for choice!
8 years ago - Yes, well done @Carrie Fijal Kaye, great shot!
8 years ago - Thank you @Alan Clark
8 years ago - Well done @ Carrie Fijal Kaye
8 years ago - @Duncan Noel Campbell Thank you so much for the purchase, so glad you like my photograph!
8 years ago - Thanks for the nomination
8 years ago - Thank you so much for the nomination. Much appreciated.
8 years ago - So appreciate the additional nomination!! Thank you very much!!
8 years ago - Thank you for the nomination!
8 years ago - Thank You for nominating my submission!!
8 years ago - Uploaded a couple more @ Duncan Noel Campbell just before the closing time
8 years ago - Thank you very much for the nomination! It is very much appreciated.
8 years ago - Thank you for the nomination.
8 years ago - Thanks very much for the nominations @Duncan Noel Campbell always a pleasure submitting to you requests once again thank you
8 years ago - Thanks for the nomination Mr. Campbell, much appreciated
8 years ago - Thanks for the nomination!
8 years ago - Thanks for nomination!
8 years ago - thank you for nominating my photo, it was fun walking the city taking dozens of photos of doors with people staring 😀, great project!!
8 years ago - Hello , could u add my account ? cause i liket your pictures
8 years ago - Hi. Please check out my photos.
8 years ago - Thank you Duncan for the nomination !!! A lot of great images here for you to pick from. Thanks again
8 years ago - Thank you for the nomination! I appreciate it!!
8 years ago - Thank you for the nominations!! I appreciate it so much!
8 years ago - @ftaddi --no need to delete--I'll take a look and if anything works for the project, I'll let you know. Thanks for submitting!
8 years ago - Just submitted!
8 years ago - uploaded
8 years ago - Question. I know the brief states double doors. Are you open to single door or should I delete my pics. Thanks
8 years ago - i like it